Putting together an Italian charm links is a simple process for nimble hands. However, charm links can be tight and difficult to work with. Follow this instruction will easily help you assemble it.
- Begin with either a blank starter links or partially assembled charm link – the steps are the same.
- The charms link together with a loop on the back of the starter link that hooks to an opening on the charm. In order to add the charm, you will need to expand the links outward and press down with your thumb to keep it in place.
- First, hold the link in the palm of your hand leaving your index finger and thumb free. Grasp the opposite end with the other hand and pull to stretch the links. The links will not break! This step will expose the hooks you will use to attach the charms.
- Press down firmly with your left hand to hold the links open. For a first time starter links, your starting point will be the last link on the right side.
- Notice the link opening on the left side of each charm. While holding the link open by pressing with your thumb, slide the charm onto the end from bottom to top.
- To remove the links, hold the links in your left hand. Allow your index finger and thumb to remain free. Grasp the opposite end of the bracelet and pull outward. Your hands should be horizontal. Notice the loop on the back of each link where you can hook them on or off of each other.
- Using your right hand, slide the charm to the right. Using your right hand, push the right link toward the bottom to remove it from the link. It will slide downward and then off the link.